The GreenSeeker® crop sensing system is a variable rate application and crop vigour mapping system that offers a more efficient and precise way to manage crop inputs such as nitrogen. The system verifies in real-time the amount of nitrogen the soil has made available using complex agronomic calculations called NDVI.
The GreenSeeker system then determines a fertiliser prescription for instant application so that you are applying the right amount of nutrients needed by the plant.
Benefits of Using the GreenSeeker System
- Improves yields and can increase profits by more than € 25 per hectare.
- Addresses field variability.
- Current crop conditions are used to determine fertiliser rates.
- Application rates automatically adjust based on readings taken by the sensors as the sprayer travels through the field.
- Can often be used with existing rate control systems
- Works in any weather condition—day or night.
- Easy to install, easy to calibrate, easy to use .
Conventional Farm Practices
- Farming practices traditionally dictate a consistent amount of fertiliser be applied at a constant rate across the entire field.
- The rate at which fertiliser is applied is usually based on grid soil sampling or last year’s yield maps.
- Factors such as moisture and temperature, which can cause leaching or denitrification, are often not taken into account when calculating this year’s fertiliser application rate.
GreenSeeker System Advantages
- A sophisticated sensor located on the underside of the GreenSeeker system emits brief bursts of red and infrared light, and then measures the amount of each type of light that is reflected back at the sensor.
- These measurements are used by the GreenSeeker system to make real-time decisions about the amount of fertiliser to be applied on a crop as the sprayer travels throughout the field.
- Soil variability, and differences in plant vigour are consistently measured by the GreenSeeker system so that the plants receive the exact amount of fertiliser they need to thrive.
►Provides instant sidedress fertilizer application for inputs such as nitrogen
►Uses optical sensors to measure and quantify crop health—or vigor
►Works with most variable rate controllers and delivery systems
►Can be mounted on booms on most sprayers/spreaders
►FmX® Integrated Display