The WeedSeeker® spot spray system is an effective solution to help you efficiently control weeds.
The WeedSeeker system senses if a weed is present and signals a spray nozzle to deliver a precise amount of chemical—spraying only the weed and not the bare ground. It is most effective in areas where weeds occur intermittently.
Cut Weed-Control Costs By Up To 80%
- Weeds drain the nutrients and water from the soil reducing yield and profits.
- The WeedSeeker® system helps you save on chemical costs, cut down on time and labor, and reduce the environmental impact of your field activities.
- Sprays only weeds, not bare ground, and is effective wherever weeds occur intermittently.
- Used in agriculture, as well as along roadsides, railroad rights-of-way, airport runways, parking lots, parks, hiking trails, etc.
- Farmers use WeedSeeker systems to control weeds for chem-fallow spraying, no-till field spraying, lay-by spraying, pre-plant weed spraying and post-harvest weed control by automatically spot spraying the weeds and not bare soil.
WeedSeeker System Use
- The WeedSeeker system uses advanced optics and computer circuitry to sense the presence of a weed.
- When a weed enters the sensor’s field of view, it signals a spray nozzle to deliver a precise amount of herbicide only to that weed.
- Herbicide use is reduced 60% to 80% on most spray applications.
- Self-propelled, utility vehicles, ATVs or pull-behind sprayers all constantly apply herbicide regardless of high or low the weed coverage.
- Herbicide costs are the same in either situation.
- Reduce chemical costs up to 80%.
- Eliminate manual spot spraying crews.
- Reduce spray passes by combining with mowing or discing equipment.
- Environmentally friendly.
- Sprays day or night.
- Reduces spray drift.
- Retrofits existing equipment • Sprays only green plants, not bare soil.
- Economical application of high chemical rates to maximize weed kill.
- Helps reduce herbicide-resistant weeds.
- Allows additional spray passes late in the season to kill weeds before seeding.
- The WeedSeeker system uses standard pumps, tanks and plumbing so an existing spray boom can be retrofitted or a new spray boom may be purchased
Weedseeker System Equipment
- WeedSeeker Model 650 or Model 655 sensors are mounted on up to a 150 ft. boom
- Each sensor applies herbicide in a 12″ or 15″ section of the boom.
- Operating independently, the sensors automatically spot spray weeds, day or night, at speeds up to 10 mph.
- For applications that require a higher speed, the system can be set up to spray as fast as 20 mph.
- A WeedSeeker Sensor is connected to a Line Controller up to 15 per side, 30 total.